How can I see how visitors are searching for properties on my website?
The Search History feature allows you to gather information specific to how visitors are searching the website, then store it in the booking engine admin for future reference. The feature helps to determine the top searched amenities, location or bedrooms on the site are, as well as what the booking window dates that guests are searching.
Log into the Booking Engine Admin - ex - https://websiteURL.com/vacation-rentals/admin
Navigate to the "Search History" feature on the left side of the screen
- Using the "From" and "To" fields, enter the dates to be searched
- Select the rows per page in the drop down options (recommended 100)
- Select the "Refresh" button (see screenshot below)
Availability Dates tab
This section displays the actual date the website visitor searched, the check in/out date searched, if the IP address was unique, and the Total searched base on IP address (see screenshot below).
Booking Window tab
This section displays the following information based on how the website visitor searched (see screenshot below):
- Window - this is the date the visitor is looking to arrive
- Unique - visitor is from a unique IP address
- Unique% - % of unique IP address
- Total - total number of visitors searched
- Total % - % of total number of visitors searched
- Lists out the top amenities searched, from both a unique IP address, as well as the total number of searches (see screenshot below).
- Lists out the other types of features searched from the unique IP address as well as the total number of searches (see screenshot below):
Filtered IP's tab
- View the IP's removed from the searches
- Use the "Add IP" button to add any employee IP addresses that may screw the searches (see screenshot below):
- Once you have the dates searched selected, and have selected the "Refresh" button, go back to the "Availability" tab, and export the information by selecting this button.
- It will produce a .csv file (see screenshot below).