Points of Interest feature - how to create location pins and manage this feature
The feature is a great compliment to the Google Map display. If you have a public beach, golf course or restaurant you would like to highlight on the map, use this default feature to create a new POI.
Log into the Booking Engine Admin - ex - https://websiteURL.com/vacation-rentals/admin
Navigate to Points of Interest on the left side
Create New POI
- Select the "New POI" button (see screenshot below):
- Follow the steps below.
- Point of Interest: Add the name of the item.
- Slug: Add the slug name, using (-) between words to be displayed as a pin on the map.
- Type: from the "Type" drop down, select the type of pin that it is. This determines the default pin used. The current types are as follows (see screenshot):
- Beach Access
- Office (your office location)
- Address: Fill in the address of the location
- Site URL: If there is a website address you would like to add, insert the website address.
- Menu URL: This pertains to a restaurant. If there is a website address for the restaurant, enter it here.
- Phone #: Fill in phone number for the location if applicable.
- Email: Fill in email address for the location if applicable.
- "Show this POI as a page" check box: Check the box if you want to have the POI to have a separate website page.
- Excerpt: If you checked the box above, include an excerpt for this page.
- Page Text: If you checked the box above, include details for this page description
- Complete these details ONLY if you want to open it up as a separate page (see check box above), otherwise you can ignore this page
- Click here to read more about how to fill in this page
- The POI icon will be displayed on the Google map based on the address from the "Contact" tab.
- If this is not correct, you can drag and drop the POI icon to where it should be.
- The Latitude and Longitude will be updated based on where you drag and drop the icon.
- Click "Save".