Complex Feature - Create and Update Complexes In The Admin
Highlight properties within the same complex or community by grouping units together, search for properties within a complex, and promote features specific to the complex using this feature. The following is how to manage this feature:
Log into the Booking Engine Admin - ex - https://websiteURL.com/vacation-rentals/admin
Navigate to Complexes
- To create a new complex, click "New Complex" button at top left of screen, or select an existing complex to edit it.
- Complex Name - If you are creating a new complex, add the name of the complex.
- Slug - add the slug name to match the name of the complex - all lower case, (-) between words
- Video - please email Signal support - firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to use.
- Lat/Long - displays by default based on a unit assigned to the complex, but you can update here if you prefer.
- Hit "Save Changes"
- Excerpt - add a short excerpt - approximately 50 words. To be displayed on the page that lists all complexes.
- Description - add the description of the complex, about 500 words.
Default SEO has been included in this section. However you can add custom SEO here if you prefer.
You have 2 options to display amenities on the complex page:
- Use amenities from properties for attribute display:
- Choose to display the amenities from one property assigned to the complex. This option does not require any further work. The downside of this option is that if the amenity for that property is "Pet Friendly" and others may not be, it could cause frustration for visitors that one they chose was not.
- Use this list for attribute display:
- Choose this option to display unique amenities for the complex, overriding the amenities assigned to the property in the API.
- Add amenities by using the "Add Attribute" button, and "Save Changes"
- This is the preferred amenity display.
- Add specific images to the complex slideshow.
- Complex Image Uploader
- Navigate to the Complex feature on the left, and look for the complex name created.
- Once a specific complex is selected, go to the Images tab.
- Select the "Upload" tab seen below.
- Drag and drop images into the provided box and hit “Save”.
- If the image uploaded, you will see the appear in the "Images" tab to the left.
- If you do not upload an image, it will display the first image of every property assigned to the complex.
- Available Properties - Add properties to this complex group easily by selecting the properties from the "Available Properties" list. *If you do not see it there, then that means it is already assigned to a different complex, or it is not coming through from the API. **Note only one property per complex is allowed.
- Selected Properties - simply click the name of the property to remove from the grouping.
- Hit the "Save" button - Before exiting out of the complex set up, always hit "Save Changes" to ensure that your changes have been submitted.
- "Delete Complex" button - if you no longer want this complex, select "Delete Complex".