What are Bulk Actions and how do I use them?
- Which settings can I update with Bulk Actions?
- How do I use Bulk Actions?
- How do I use Bulk Actions?
- Which features are included in Bulk Actions?
- What are Gap Fills, Orphan Mins., and the buffer? Do I need to use them?
- What happens when I use Manual Overrides to increase or decrease rates by a certain percentage?
- If I decrease prices using Manual Overrides in bulk, will my price ever go below my Minimum Price for each listing?
- If I increase prices using Manual Overrides in bulk, will my price ever go above my Maximum Price for each listing?
- Where can I view my updated settings?
- I submitted my update and I haven’t gotten a confirmation notification or confirmation email; it has been 10+ minutes. What should I do?
Bulk Actions enable you to update Minimum Stay settings and Override rates by percentage in bulk, right in your Beyond Pricing Dashboard.
Which settings can I update with Bulk Actions?
With Bulk Actions, you can update:
- Minimum Stay settings: Adjust Annual Minimum Stays, add or clear Seasonal Minimum Stays for a certain date range; enable or disable Gap Fills and add or adjust Orphan Min. Night Stay and Buffer settings.
- Manual Overrides: Adjust rates by percentage increase or percentage decrease and clear Manual Overrides for a certain date range.
Have questions about these settings? Check out FAQs below.
How do I use Bulk Actions?
Updating your settings in bulk is easy! Simply follow the three steps outlined below:
- First, invoke Bulk Actions by selecting listings in the Table View and pressing `Edit`, like this:
- Next, input settings you would like to add or adjust in the Bulk Actions side panel.
- Finally, press save! Once your settings have updated, you will receive a confirmation notification in Beyond Pricing. Additionally, you and all users that can edit a listing included in the update will receive a confirmation email.
How do I use Bulk Actions?
In your Beyond Pricing Dashboard, first toggle to the “Table” view. Then, select the listings for which you would like to update settings using the checkboxes on the left hand side. Click “Edit” to adjust settings in bulk. Pro tip: You can select all listings by checking the box in the table header. Select a certain group of listings using your advanced filtering options.
Which features are included in Bulk Actions?
With Bulk Actions, you are able to adjust Annual and Seasonal Minimum Stays, Gap Fills, Orphan Min. Night Stays and Buffers, and Manual Overrides by percentage in bulk. You can also use Bulk Actions to clear Seasonal Minimum Stays or Manual Overrides for a certain timeframe. Finally, all users that can edit a listing included in a Bulk Action will receive a confirmation email when your settings have been updated.
What are Gap Fills, Orphan Mins., and the buffer? Do I need to use them?
Gap Fills work in combination with your Annual Minimum Stay to reduce restrictions and encourage bookings. Here’s how it works: when the gap between bookings falls below your Annual Minimum Stay, Gap Fills set your new Minimum Stay for that time period to the length of the gap. Please note that Gap Fills only apply when your Annual Minimum Stay is in action, meaning Gap Fills do not apply when Seasonal Minimum Stays are in action.
When Gap Fills are enabled, you can use both the Orphan Min. and Buffer to adjust the Minimum Stay restrictions between gaps.
The Orphan Min. sets the floor of any gap length you are willing to accept bookings. For example, if you would like to use Gap Fills but would not like to accept one night bookings, you can set your Orphan Min. to two nights. Please note: by default, your Orphan Min. is set to one night.
The Buffer allows you to reduce the Minimum Night Stay accepted below the length of the gap. For example, if your Minimum Night Stay is 7, and there is a 6 night gap between bookings, with Gap Fills enabled your new Minimum Stay would be 6 nights for that time period. Using a buffer allows that 6 night Minimum Stay to be flexible. If your buffer was set to 4 nights, your new Minimum Stay for that time period would be 2 nights (6 - 4 = 2); alternatively, if your buffer was set to 3 nights, your new Minimum Stay for that time period would be 3 nights (6 - 3 = 3). However, your new Minimum Stay will always respect the Orphan Min. you have set. Please note: by default, your Buffer is set to zero nights.
What happens when I use Manual Overrides to increase or decrease rates by a certain percentage?
Using Manual Overrides locks your rates at a new price, X% above or below what Beyond Pricing predicts for that date. This means prices will no longer fluctuate due to changes in demand or according to Last Minute Discounts. When set in bulk, prices will never go below the Seasonal Minimum Price, or if none, Annual Minimum Price set for each listing; additionally prices will never go above specified Maximum prices for each listing, if any exist.
If I decrease prices using Manual Overrides in bulk, will my price ever go below my Minimum Price for each listing?
No. All Manual Overrides made in bulk will respect the Seasonal Minimum Price, and if none, the Annual Minimum Price. However, you can bring prices below the Minimum Price by individually overriding rates in the Beyond Pricing Calendar.
If I increase prices using Manual Overrides in bulk, will my price ever go above my Maximum Price for each listing?
No. All Manual Overrides made in bulk will respect the Maximum Price, if any.
Where can I view my updated settings?
An email summary of your updates will be sent to you and all users that can edit impacted listings once your settings have been implemented. You can view new settings in each individual listing page, too. For example, a new Seasonal Minimum Stay will appear in the Customize tab, nestled with existing Seasonal Minimum Stay settings, if any.
I submitted my update and I haven’t gotten a confirmation notification or confirmation email; it has been 10+ minutes. What should I do?
If your Bulk Action is taking longer than it should to submit (10+ minutes), we recommend cancelling and starting over with those same listings. This is like turning your device off and back on! If you are still having issues, please reach out to email@example.com -- our team is always happy to help.