How do I use my Beyond Pricing Calendar?
- Reading your Beyond Pricing Calendar
- Change rates on your Calendar
- Do I block off dates in my Beyond Pricing Calendar?
- Why does my Beyond Pricing Calendar show different information than my Airbnb or HomeAway/VRBO calendar?
With Beyond Pricing, each night can have a different rate. Your calendar visualizes this next year of rates, gives you insight into why we are suggesting these prices, and enables you to customize pricing for certain dates if necessary.
Reading your Beyond Pricing Calendar
Your Beyond Pricing Calendar helps you visualize your listing's upcoming nightly rates and bookings, and gives you insight into why we are setting your nightly rates at these prices.
Visualize demand trends and bookings
The Beyond Pricing Calendar shows dates of high or low demand, successful bookings, and blocked dates:
- Light green: Successful bookings
- Lighter blue: Lower prices, or times of lower demand
- Darker blue: Higher prices, or times of higher demand
- Pink: Manual overrides
- Grey: Blocked dates
Gain visibility into prices we predict
Simply hover over a date to see the factors like Seasonality, Day of the Week, and Local Events that drive a nightly price, or elements of a reservation, like the reference number.
For example, let's take a look at our listing in Palm Springs. We know Coachella is an event that drives prices up in the area. Let's hover over the date to see how much the event is increasing our rates:
Change rates on your Calendar
All pricing, including manual overrides, should be done in Beyond Pricing. The Beyond Pricing Calendar gives you complete control over your prices when necessary.
Manually override prices
It's easy to customize prices for specific days right on your Beyond Pricing Calendar. Simply click and drag over your Calendar to enter a new rate for certain dates.
Let's look at our pricing for our listing in Palm Springs during Coachella. This listing is walking distance to the site of the event -- a rare find. Normally, this factor would not affect our prices. However, during Coachella we know guests are willing to pay a premium to be so close. Let's increase our prices for that weekend using manual overrides:
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to customize them:
- Click and drag over the days you want to change pricing for.
- Enter your desired price into the pop-up at the bottom of the screen.
- Click out of the box to save and sync the customized price.
- The day(s) will now appear in pink and your indicated price will show up on Airbnb or HomeAway/VRBO within 30 minutes.
Cancel manual overrides
It is easy to cancel manual overrides on your Beyond Pricing Calendar.
Going back to our Palm Springs example, let's say you found out the site of Coachella is actually farther away from your property than you thought. Let's cancel our manual override and let Beyond Pricing take care of the rest:
Here's how to cancel manual overrides, step by step:
- Select and drag over the dates of the manual override you want to cancel.
- In the pop-up at the bottom of the screen click on the 'Cancel' button.
- Click out of the box to save the change and to go back to the predicted Beyond Pricing prices. These will now automatically update every day based on the latest supply and demand fluctuations.
Do I block off dates in my Beyond Pricing Calendar?
No. With Beyond Pricing, you will continue to block and unblock dates within Airbnb, HomeAway/VRBO, or your PMS.
Blocked dates will show up on your calendar in grey. You'll still be able to view our predicted prices for blocked dates.
Why does my Beyond Pricing Calendar show different information than my Airbnb or HomeAway/VRBO calendar?
If there is a difference in price quotes between your Beyond Pricing Calendar and your Airbnb, HomeAway/VRBO, or PMS calendar, check the following:
- Have you refreshed your account?
- Do you have special discounts enabled in Airbnb or HomeAway/VRBO?
- Do you have Smart Pricing or Market Maker enabled?
If you are still having trouble, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're here to help!